Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: single frame blow ups

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to blow up a few frames of super 8 film to larger prints, maybe 5 x 8 or larger.
    Who does this?
    Roger, can you scan a single image and then output it via a printer...anyone try this.

    Scott

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try Monaco in San Fran. They do all sorts of printing so I would think that they could do it. I think Marten Baumgarten in Plattsburg NY does but I don't know what the quality is. Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And after you're walking down 9th street, dejected and humiliated for mentioning an amateur gauge like S8 at Monaco, give me a call. We'll head over to the Mission for a burrito, and talk about how unfair this S8 life is...

  4. #4
    TA152
    Guest TA152's Avatar

    Post

    Found this interesting site on 35mm + large format photo & high resolution analyzes.

    http://www.users.qwest.net/~rnclark/scandetail.htm

    Might be possible to contact him to get HQ scan of the S8 frames. Seems to have the tools required anyway.

    Seem to offer services.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 24, 2002 02:27 PM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Scott,

    I think its a good idea to enlarge the film up to around 35mm frame size, then you could probably get away with scanning from there. I got okay-ish results by using a photographic enlarger and lining up a zoom lens on a 35mm camera right next to the enlarger lens. This meant I could copy onto 35mm neg and go from there. However I think you could do a lot better using something like a proper slide copier. There's obviously potential for big enlargements. But if you scan S8 direct from the original You'll need a scanner with a very high resolution and I reckon it would be a lot better to enlarge it to a 35mm still somehow first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •